Communications and Media Staff
|Employer:||Freedom from Debt Coalition, Inc.|
|Location:||13 Mabait St., Teachers Village West, Quezon City, Philippines|
|Position Title:||Communications and Media Staff|
The Media and Communication Liaison takes charge of the timely and quality Media Liaison to the Media of all campaigns and advocacy of FDC’s mandate thru face to face and online activities.
The Communications and Media Staff, will be a contractual agreement of one year from January 1- December 31, 2021.
The Communications and Media Staff directly reports and is accountable to the Executive Director, expected to perform the following general tasks and responsibilities. Specific outputs are listed below:
- Media and Information
- Ensures regular and timely circulation of FDC PRs/statements, information and position to media network, nationwide and posting of PR, statements, activities.
- Monitors and compiles news and feature landings of FDC and its various initiatives.
- Content Creation
- Proactively produces content, including photos, videos, infographics, campaigns, and stories, for web and social media that are in line with the communications strategy and organization brand.
- Adapts content for media pitching, as applicable in monitor’s over-all media coverage of activities, articles of FDC.
- Undertake and or facilitate the lay outing and design of campaign materials such as posters, placards, tarpaulins, leaflets, primers, newsletters, etc…
- Adapts content for printing and dissemination to FDC’s stakeholders, members and chapters, partners, as applicable.
- Social Media and Website Management
- Prepares social media packages for key events, initiatives, and campaigns, and relevant content from online sources.
- Actively engages with audiences through social media channels.
- Regularly updates website and social media platforms, and ensures deadlines are met in the dissemination of time-sensitive content with coordination of the FDC’s web developer.
- Monitors insights, and regularly produces reports and recommendations to boost the organization’s social media and web presence.
- Manages the posting of information and materials at the FDC website and social media (FB and YouTube), and works with the website manager for the maintenance of the website.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, social science, or a relevant field of study.
- Excellent command of English and Tagalog in both oral and written communication.
- Knowledge in photo/video production, graphic design, and use of video editing tools.
- Experience in maintaining social media accounts; knowledge and understanding of the digital landscape and emerging trends.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Creativity and ability to collaborate with team members.
- Flexibility in a work setting with rapid developments.
- Demonstrated experience in working with NGOs, community-level organizations and other development oriented organizations preferably involving multi-stakeholders and partners
- Qualified candidates should prepare the following:
- Cover Letter
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Brief sample written work. News or feature articles, sample social media copy, and other similar content.
- Brief sample creative work. Videos, photos, infographics, digital publicity materials, layout designs, and other similar content.
- Applicants should send their application letter and documents and sample work address to FDC Executive Director, Ms. Bernadette Zeena B. Manglinong through her e-mail address email@example.com copy furnish the Finance and Administrative Head, Ms. Estrellita Serrano-Evangelista, through her e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org and the President through his e-mail address email@example.com
- Applications will be accepted until December 31, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.