|Employer:||Freedom from Debt Coalition, Inc.|
|Location:||13 Mabait St., Teachers Village West, Quezon City, Philippines|
|Position Title:||Policy Support Staff – Debt & Public Finance (Staff)|
The Policy Support Staff – Economic Justice (Staff) directly reports and is accountable to the Executive Director.
The Policy Support Staff – Economic Justice (Staff) is expected to perform the following general tasks and responsibilities. Specific outputs are listed below:
- Assists in the planning and implementation of the Coalition’s 2020-2021 Program on Debt and Public Finance;
- Aids the Program Staff in drafting the work plans of the Program.
- Implements the research, publication, and education and membership work of the Program.
- Coordinate with Program Coordinators in developing the concept and design of annual research agenda.
- Develop issue briefs and analyses, critique, position and policy papers, resource materials.
- Maintain and improve the database system and collection of pertinent research and academic materials.
- Conduct specific researches and/or oversee contracted research work.
- Network with experts and key informants.
- Build consensus among and within the Executive Committee and/or Board of Trustees.
- Develop and distribute publication materials.
- Provide technical support to both education and public campaign cluster.
- Coordinate with Program Coordinators in developing the concept and design of internal education agenda.
- Develop education modules and produce education materials.
- Implement internal education for FDC constituency: chapters, national and local organizations, individual members, board members and secretariat.
- Develop and maintain education machinery.
- Develop and maintain experts and leaders.
- Conduct activities that will consolidate and expand FDC membership.
- Facilitate media work for the Debt and Public Finance campaign.
- Assists the Program Coordinator in the implementation of the campaign work of the Program.
- At least 2-3 years working experiences in Economics and Debt advocacies.
- Excellent command of English and Tagalog in both oral and written communication.
- Excellent program support skills particularly in writing skills.
- Demonstrated experience in working with NGOs, community-level organizations and other development oriented organizations preferably involving multi-stakeholders and partners.
- Knowledge, skills and experience in technical writing particularly proposal writing and proposal review.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Creativity and ability to collaborate with team members.
- Flexibility in a work setting with rapid developments.
- Qualified candidates should prepare the following:
- Cover Letter
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Brief sample creative work on Women and Gender activities with regards to their issues and advocacies.
- Applicants should send their application letter and documents and sample work address to FDC Executive Director, Ms. Bernadette Zeena B. Manglinong through her e-mail address email@example.com copy furnish the Finance and Administrative Head, Ms. Estrellita Serrano-Evangelista, through her e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org and the President through his e-mail address email@example.com
- Applications will be accepted until December 31, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.